Week 4 Part 1- Websites

First: When clicking https://jamilin.com/ Identify at least three things that would be a problem for visitors...

1. This website looks like it was made in 2005, so it could come across as unreliable and maybe a little bit sketchy if you wanted to purchase something.  

2. The website is SO SPAMMY! There is weird text bars on the right and left and I can not tell if they belong to the website. It's unorganized with all of the different titles of pictures on the side of the page. 

3. I have no clue what the actual website is about. When reading the top of the page it has titles: "Inner Balance- Outer Beauty, which gives me no context on what the website is actually about. Also there are three different website links posted in the top of the page which shouldn't even belong there. Lastly, there are so many different weird advertisements. Honestly... I have no clue what the pictures on the side of website are actually for. This website gives the viewer(me) a sketchy feel and I would personally never go back to it.

IMPROVEMENT: To improve this website we can remove all the pictures on the side of the page. 

1.Remove the unnecessary text at the top of the page, as well as the ridiculous photos.  

2. Organize the main part of website which is the middle column. She can add different tabs for different topics or just right the topic and have it organized so the reader has no difficulty finding information. 


Second: When clicking https://www.nps.gov/index.htm Identify at least three different things that would be a problem for the viewer. 

1. The only thing that I know this website is about is National Park/ Nation Park Services. I feel like they could add some context of what this website is about at the top of the page the viewer knows directly what the website is about. 

2. Under the top header: the 8 different photos with titles/links are fine, also the context of what there about below them is good too. I would like to see the text in a different color maybe a little bit bolder because the light grey is kind of difficult to pay attention too. 

3. There is no context of what the 4 photos are doing at the bottom of the page. 

IMPROVEMENT: Navigation. Going through the website is very clean and everything works. The very top of the page is very clean. The next section (with the 8 pictures) has no context of why that page is actually there. Some context of why those 8 photos would make for a better idea of why those (8 photos) are actually there. 

1. Toyota does an amazing job of outlining there website. Everything is clean and well organized. I like how they added a current addition of what car make is new and they put it right on the front page. I also like how Toyota uses key words like search, find, select, and explore. That helps direct the customer like me to where they need to go instead of looking all over the place. 
2.  The design, aesthetics, and branding made my overall reaction inspired. When I own my personal website/brand I would like to look back at how Toyota crafted there website. I love the plain colors: white, red, and some grey. Lastly I love the background photo of first page. It sets the tone that this website was made very well. 

1. Right off the bat the color scheme is amazing. Black and white goes very well with their website. Secondly Apple has in large text: "All-new products from top down." That just makes the website 110% better because they're always releasing new products. 
2. My first initial reaction was: "WOW. They really did an amazing job at creating this website." Like I said from my first response the black and white color scheme goes well with everything. 


Comments

Popular Posts